Empowering people to lead more courageous and meaningful lives through the practice of process arts.
The Painting Experience
Explore the Process
Process painting is about creativity, not technique or training. There's no critiquing, analysis, judgment or comparison with others.
Visit Our Blog
The process painting workshops are for educators, counselors, artists, activists, meditators and mavericks. No prior art experience or training is necessary - only your willingness to explore.
The Painting Experience Process
In these process painting workshops, you'll be given the support to:
- Discover a creative voice that's entirely your own
- Trust your intuitive perception, not the mind's critical chatter
- Follow your energy rather than what looks good or makes sense
- Overcome blocks by embracing their hidden message
- Experience your imagination as intelligent - a doorway to deeper knowing
- Explore process painting as a genuine path to spiritual awakening
Step inside a workshop and experience beginner's mind!
The Painting Experience has grown from modest beginnings in 1976 to many thousands of painters worldwide today. The community is a diverse group of individuals that value the creative process and recognize it as central to a fulfilling life. Participation in the community takes many forms:
- Periodically attending Workshops and Retreats
- Joining Online Courses
- Keeping active on The Painting Experience Blog
- And now, for an increasing number of people, discovering the joy of becoming a process arts facilitator.
We hope you’ll find the level of involvement that feels right to you, and we welcome you to the rich discussions and in-depth experiences that await you within The Painting Experience Community.