Learn to put the principles of process arts into practice.
~ Would you like to deepen your experience of process painting?
~ Are you interested in facilitating process arts?
~ Are you a professional working in any type of process-oriented learning environment?
~ Are you a group leader, therapist or teacher?
The Principles of Process Arts can help you along your path. This course teaches the philosophy and methods of process-oriented education developed by The Painting Experience over the last four decades. Presented by founder Stewart Cubley and his staff, this course provides the materials, tools and community to incorporate process arts into your life and your work. After completing this course, you may apply to The Art of Facilitating.
The Principles of Process Arts explores the seven essential elements of the creative painting process. This course supports your personal growth as a painter, as well as providing a unique perspective from the point of view of the facilitator.
You may join The Principles of Process Painting at any time. You will be able to complete the course on your own schedule and you will always have access to the course material.
In this course, you’ll learn by:
- Watching videos and listening to podcasts created by Stewart as he describes the seven principles of process painting and how they can become touchstones for a lifelong journey of creative discovery
- Reading previously unpublished articles by Stewart written over decades of discovering significant insights revealed through process painting
- Enjoying the rich comments of other course participants as they bring their course revelations into their own lives
- Accessing recorded webinars hosted by Stewart in conversation with course members on a wide range of topics relevant to exploring process arts
In addition to the offerings described above, your tuition includes :
- Three 3-hour online painting sessions
- One-half hour mentoring session with Stewart or a senior facilitator
The cost of The Principles of Process Arts is $649.
After completing The Principles of Process Arts, you’ll receive a certificate of course participation and you are eligible to register for The Art of Facilitating.
Continuing Education Credits:
26 Continuing Education Credits are available for MFT/LCSW/LPCC/LEP & RN. There is a certificate fee of $25.
Process Circle Add On:
We highly recommend this add-on to the course. Process Circles are small groups of participants that explore the contents of this course through personal sharing and discussion under the guidance of a senior Painting Experience facilitator. Using Zoom online video technology, you’ll make connections with other course members as you investigate the course material in light of your own experience as a painter and potential facilitator in training.
Next Process Circle:
- March 2 - April 20, 2022
One hour meetings weekly for 8 sessions.
You may wish to add one of our other personal practices to your course experience. See the details about adding one of these "Making it Personal" practices below.