Process Arts Practicum builds your skills and develops your confidence as a facilitator of process painting. The practicum includes a variety of opportunities to practice under the guidance of an experienced facilitator. There will also be ongoing presentations on topics relevant to starting your own practice. As a participant in the Process Arts Practicum you'll have access to all the benefits of membership in the Process Arts Community.
- Completion of The Principles of Process Painting
- Completion of The Art of Facilitating
- Membership in the Process Arts Community
The Process Arts Practicum will have three blocks per year of 12 weeks each.
- Dates: Fridays, January 29th - April 16th, 2021
- Times: 10:00am - 1:00pm PST
In the Process Arts Practicum, you’ll:
- Lead online painting sessions within a closed group of other course members with personal supervision from a senior facilitator
- Assist the staff in Painting Experience in-person workshops and retreats for the public
- Have support for setting up, marketing and running a process painting business
The cost of a Practicum is $575*. In addition to the course fee, you are required to register for and attend:
- At least one onsite facilitator training**
- At least one series of six online painting sessions
*These additional requirements are not included in the course fee.
** Waived during the time of COVID. Other arrangements may be made for international participants who are unable to attend onsite trainings.
Continuing Education Credits
26 Continuing Education Credits are available for MFT/LCSW/LPCC/LEP & RN. There is a certificate fee of $25.
After completing three Practicum blocks, you’ll be eligible to apply to The Painting Experience Affiliate Program.
Group Mentoring Sessions: We highly recommend this add-on to the practicum. Bring your questions about getting started with your first students, your facilitation experiences with your current students, starting your business, how to structure your classes, how to facilitate online, etc. If you have permission from your students, you can bring a recorded session to the group for discussion. You will benefit from the experiences of the group as well as from the staff support.
- Alternate Thursdays (1st and 3rd Thursdays each month)
- One hour in length
- Thursdays 1:00pm PST
- $30 per session, or
- A package of four sessions for $100
You may also wish to add one of the other personal practices described in Making It Personal.
Personal Mentoring Sessions:
You can schedule a 1/2-hour Zoom personal mentoring session with a staff facilitator. Bring your questions about getting started with your first students, your facilitation experiences with your current students, starting your business, how to structure your classes, how to facilitate online, etc. If you have permission from your students, you can bring a recorded session to the group for discussion.
Please message Annie or Aziza personally on Slack to make a reservation.