Process painting offers deep gifts, many of which are similar to the benefits of meditation. In "Painting and Presence," painters share their personal experiences of painting for process rather than product, describing how this way of painting:
- invites us to show up authentically in our creative expression and in our lives
- shifts our perspective from a personality level to a deeper, more essential aspect of being
- changes our notions that creative expression needs to be or look a certain way
- frees us from external pressures so we can clearly sense what is arising within us
- helps us to trust ourselves, and to know that our experience is unfolding in just the right way at just the right time.
We hope you enjoy these touching reflections.
To learn more about The Painting Experience, see Why Paint for Process?
To find out about upcoming workshops and retreats, see our Programs page.
To hear more of the beautiful music in this video, visit the website of our friend Stephen Jacob.